The DSSSB Exam stands for Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board Exam. This exam is conducted to select candidates for several departments under the GNCT (Government of the National Capital Territory) of Delhi. There are several posts that students can apply for the exam, such as Head Clerk, Counsellor, TGT and PGT Assistant Teacher for primary and Nursery, Patwari, and many more. Hence, it is a state-level exam that is conducted every year online.
Eligibility Criteria of DSSSB Exam
Candidates planning to appear for the recruitment, must check out the DSSSB JE eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria to appear for the DSSB exam are based on age, education qualification, and work experience. Please read below to know about it in detail or refer to BYJU’s Exam Prep.
The candidates must have an educational qualification in the relevant discipline for the post.
If you are going to appear for this exam, then you must have degrees in Civil Engineering or Electrical Engineering from an accredited University of Central Government.
However, you must have a three-year diploma in Civil or Electrical Engineering from any recognized Institute, Board, or University.
Furthermore, the age limit of DSSSB depends on the type of post you are applying for. But, the candidates must be under 30 years of age to appear for the exam. However, age relaxation is given to candidates belonging to reserved categories.
|Relaxation of Age
|Departmental candidate having three years of experience with continuous service.
|Group B Posts- 5 years
|Group C Post- 40 years for General, 45 years for ST/SC and OBC.
|General- 5 years and 10 years for ST/SC and 8 years for OBC candidates.
The candidates appearing for DSSSB must have experience of 2 years in civil and electrical engineering. However, if you already have a B. E or B. Tech degree, then you don’t need to have work experience.
Steps to Apply for DSSB JE Exam
Therefore, if you are eligible to appear for the DSSSB Exam, then you can proceed to apply for it. You can follow the below steps to apply for the DSSSB JE exam and start your preparation.
- Visit the website of dsssb.delhi.gov.in.
- Click on the registration link for DSSSB JE Exam.
- If you are new, then complete the process of making your account with the password.
- Now, select the post to which you want to apply.
- You have to fill the application form and recheck to remove errors.
- Upload necessary documents as asked on the site.
- Pay the application fees and click on Submit.
- Don’t forget to take a printout of the online form.
Selection Process of DSSSB JE Exam
It is expected that around 900 vacancies will be introduced for the above posts. Hence, students must appear for the computer-based exam to get selected for the next round. The selection of this exam is divided into two processes- Tier 1 and Tier 2.
- Tier 1– The Tier 1 exam is divided into two parts. The first section consists of five sections, and the other section is related to the subject or qualification.
- Tier 2– This stage is also divided into two exams. The first one is related to fundamental engineering. On the other hand, the next one consists of understanding and the English language.
In conclusion, candidates having a relevant degree can appear for the DSSSB JE Exam. The above information will help you understand the eligibility criteria to apply for DSSSB JE Exam. However, for more details, you can visit BYJU’s Exam Prep to get expert guidance and go ahead to start your preparation hassle-free.
READ ALSO : Government Jobs in Tamilnadu